Simple Scrambled Eggs with Berbere (or Mitmita)
For a 3-egg scramble:
- 1 tablespoon Traditional Niter Kibbeh
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp of Berbere, or Mitmita if you want it spicier
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Whisk your eggs with salt and pepper! For ultimate fluffiness, add in a splash of heavy cream or half & half.
2. In a small frying pan, melt the Niter Kibbeh on medium high heat.
3. Once hot, pour in the eggs, stirring frequently until the eggs are no longer runny and have reached your desired consistency, 4-6 minutes.
4. Transfer the eggs to a warm plate, and sprinkle with the Berbere. Serve hot with toast, greens, and a slice of avocado.
Serves: 1-2 | Prep time: 1 minute | Cooking time: 5-7 minutes