INGREDIENTS3 lbs chicken leg and thigh meat, cut into 8 serving pieces
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 teaspoons salt
2 onions, finely chopped
1/4 cup Niter Kibbeh
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon finely chopped ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground fenugreek
1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/3 cup Berbere
1/4 cup dry red wine
3/4 cup water
4 hard-boiled eggs
Freshly ground black pepper
Rinse and dry the chicken pieces, rub with lemon juice and salt. Let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- In a heavy enamel stewpot, cook the onions over moderate heat for about 5 minutes. Let brown, add water to make sure the onions do not burn.
- When the onions are cooked, add the Berbere. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the Niter Kibbeh and cook for 2 minutes liquifying by adding hot water. Then add the garlic and spices. Stir well and saute for 3-4 minutes.
- Pour in the wine and water and bring to a boil. Cook briskly, uncovered, for about 5 minutes.
- Pat the chicken dry and drop it into the simmering sauce, coating the chicken. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, gently pierce the hard-boiled eggs with fork to allow the sauce to soak into the eggs.
- After the chicken is tender and cooked, add the eggs, mixing them gently in the sauce.
- Cover and cook the Doro Wot for 5 more minutes, add black pepper and remove from heat.
Serves: | Prep Time: 45 minutes | Cooking Time: 45-50 minutes
Muchas gracias. ?Como puedo iniciar sesion?
xswxqiuofo March 23, 2021